Make an impact at a dynamic and growing life sciences company. Invicro seeks an entry level scientist to be a contributing member of our in vivo research team.
The open associate scientist position is one that will support all in vivo, small animal medical imaging studies. These studies include nuclear medicine (PET/SPECT), computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The Associate Scientist will maintain the animal and imaging facility, provide study support in mouse and rat disease models ranging from basic injections to surgical procedures, and assist in image acquisition procedures. This position will be an immersive cross-functional opportunity where an ideal candidate will identify areas in which to excel and focus a career in research. A qualified applicant is enthusiastic about biomedical research, able and willing to rapidly learn new skills and begin applying them immediately.
- Managing facility needs, including facility health program
- Routine husbandry, including providing appropriate clinical observations, basic veterinary care, and health checks
- Contributing to the operation of a small species animal care facility (ACF)
- Assist in In vitro and in vivo assay execution
- Learning technical theoretical applications involved in executing pre-clinical imaging research studies
- In vivo pharmacology models
- Imaging camera operation
- Working as a member of a team to get the necessary tasks accomplished
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Biology, Animal Science or a related field
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfort with various computer operating systems and programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Weekend work required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.