Invicro-London is a unique clinical imaging centre based at the Hammersmith Hospital Campus in West London. This facility operates state-of-the-art imaging technology in support of medical and pharmaceutical research, and is internationally renowned for its expertise in these fields.
This is an exciting role for a Clinical Trials Physician to join a dynamic Clinical Applications team at Invicro in London.
The Clinical Trials Physician is responsible for ensuring appropriate medical care is provided for study participants, during study conduct, and follow-up, and will have specific responsibility for management and governance for clinical studies conducted by Invicro London. The role is responsible for specific study-related medical decisions and activities during the course of such studies, and will support the design and conduct.
The Clinical Trials Physician is responsible for ensuring that all study related compounds and investigational medicinal products are dispensed according to regulatory and GMP requirements. Will also maintain accurate records, and updating relevant documentation as required by ICH-GCP.
- Ensure all studies are conducted in compliance with the protocol, GCP, GMP, SOP’s IRB/ethics committee and regulatory authorises.
- Review all study specific documentation prior to initiation (including but not limited to certificate of analysis forms prior to study start, randomization codes (for un-blinded studies), reconciliation of drug accountability forms upon study completion, destroy/dispose of drugs in accordance to the study protocol and local SOPs).
- Assume the role and responsibilities of Principal Investigator, whenever appropriate, and provide overall supervision and day to day management of other clinical staff and on-going studies in the unit.
- Supervise and develop training of temporary non-Invicro clinical staff including those on training programmes and development fellowships.
- Assist the Quality Assurance process relating to the manufacture and storage activities of CTS and to implement recommendations for corrective and preventative actions.
- Performs appropriate procedures, including but not limited to the; insertion or venous and radial artery cannulas, administration of study specific medication including IMP, PET radioligands and MRI contrast agents
- Ensures all studies responsibilities are performed in compliance with the protocol, GCP, GMP, SOP’s IRB/ethics committee and regulatory authorisations.
- Reviews all study specific documentation prior to providing clinical services.
- Qualified and trained to assume the role and responsibilities of Study Physician and to provide overall supervision and management of studies in the centre.
- Maintains awareness of relevant Invicro-London SOP’s
The successful candidate will have:
- Medical qualification allowing direct medical responsibility for human investigations in the UK, with appropriate post-registration experience
- Excellent technical proficiency in the cannulation of the radial artery and peripheral veins
- Experience in the conduct of clinical pharmacology studies is desirable
- Appreciation of the scientific basis of study design, including pharmacokinetics, human toxicology, statistics and pharmacodynamic assessment is desirable
- Knowledge of principles of PET molecular imaging and MRI
You will be developing and maintaining good working relationships and therefore have highly competent communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and energy to operate in a complex organisational environment.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Contributory Pension, Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance & Flexible Benefits options
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to HR at email@example.com
We ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and you can find our Privacy Notice by Clicking here.
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.