The Business Development (BD) executive will focus on customer acquisition by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business in late-phase clinical trial services. As lead generation and prospect management are the main concern, the business development executive will target, identify, and qualify new business opportunities with current and potential clients. The BD executive must be well-spoken, energetic, and possess an eagerness to close new business and increase the company’s revenue streams. Invicro is a unique, global clinical imaging and software research company that was founded with a mission of improving the role and function of imaging in translational drug discovery and development. To this effort we offer a suite of services and software with applications ranging from tissue to human, from target identification to Phase IV trials, across the entire spectrum of imaging techniques. This position requires interfacing with the scientific leaders of Invicro, as well as communicating effectively with Invicro’s current and future clientele. The quality of these communications impacts the growth of Invicro and its global reputation.
- Identifies, qualifies, and secures new business opportunities.
- Builds business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Collaborates with sales and leadership from various in-house business units to maximize product offering and to secure, retain, and grow accounts.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating proposal development and delivery; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Creates informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Develops customized targeted sales strategies.
- Maintains database (iCRO, HubSpot, Salesforce, or equivalent) of existing and prospective client information and communications.
Ability to travel overnight 25-50% for customer contact; medical conferences, trade shows, etc.
Must have the ability for occasional travel to the various Invicro offices, nationally and internationally, as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and proficient sales experience in a relevant field.
- Scientific background and training.
- Be socially adept and good with numbers.
- Knowledge of the sales process from initiation to close.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers.
- Be persuasive and goal-oriented; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to multitask, triage obligations, reprioritize on the fly, if necessary, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to gain a full-bodied and in-depth understanding of company services and its position within the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to demonstrate patience and enthusiasm while communicating with potential clients.
- Ability to professionally and confidently communicate with C-Level Executives.
- Ability to work accurately under stress and pressure to meet competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to gain proficiency on iCRO.
- At least 5+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably in clinical research services market.
- MBA Preferred
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.