Make an impact at a dynamic and growing life sciences company!
Invicro’s mission is to develop smarter drug discovery programs and we are currently seeking an energetic and solidly technical and creative professional to be part of a team of highly motivated and skilled product engineers.
The Senior Developer will extend our web-based study management and storage application (iPACS). iPACS is a platform used by researchers worldwide to provide tools for managing, data mining and reporting on large amounts of medical imaging data. A flexible solution developed for both in-house and external applications, iPACS is currently installed at more than half of the nation’s top 25 pharmaceutical companies.
This individual should enjoy challenging and analytical work and be motivated by the idea that together we can accomplish great things and make a positive contribution to society through the company’s mission.
- Develop test, and maintain the iPACS business logic layer (Perl Moose, DBIx, Catalyst) and front-end layer (Vue.js/Vuex, jQuery, Bootstrap)
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Scrum Master to effectively plan projects for the team, providing updates as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Estimate features and contribute to product roadmap, holding the team accountable to those estimates
- Partner with the team on writing/approving user stories, including driving technical decisions from the users’ perspective.
- Train, mentor and eventually lead other developers on industry standards and best practices
- Develop and maintain unit tests
- Troubleshoot production issues on occasion
- Expand the platform towards containerized, microservices based architecture
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis
- A solid background in full-stack web application development
- 5+ years of work experience in complex systems design, application support, and network security
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Preferred experience with Modern Perl, Catalyst MVC Framework, DBIx, and/or Vue
- Understanding user interface best practices and standards
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools
- Knowledge of GxP software validation and/or Business Process Management workflows a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 401k with generous matching
- Flexible vacation policy
- Catered lunch Wednesdays
- “First Fridays” – monthly company-wide team updates and happy hour
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.