Make an impact at a dynamic and growing life sciences company. Invicro seeks an accomplished scientist with experience in image processing, science, and applications in high-resolution optical imaging modalities such as histology, fluorescence microscopy, and autoradiography. The ideal candidate possesses graduate-level research experience in imaging as well as strong programming, image processing, and signal processing skills.
This position is responsible for the development of analysis methodology, software tools, and algorithms for molecular imaging applications which may include, but are not limited to image registration, image segmentation, machine learning, data analysis, and general optimization techniques. The ideal candidate will apply these skills with a focus on ex-vivo analysis within histology, microscopy and autoradiography.
- Develop image analysis methodology and tools from concept through to validation, documentation, appropriate SOPs, and application in close cooperation with our research-driven customers with an internal development team
- Translate image analysis tools and methods from prototype to deployment, including integration into established software platforms and dissemination to colleagues and customers successfully
- Manage customer-specific analysis projects, including generation of appropriate Invicro-standard supplemental materials (QC, plots, reports, spreadsheets) in parallel with project-specific analysis output
- Oversee an image analysis team to achieve short-term and long-term image analysis goals
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD or Masters with 2 or more years of relevant experience in image science, computer science, or electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of imaging modalities, preferably optical modalities including histology, microscopy, and autoradiography. Fluorescence imaging experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to balance attention to detail while working to deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines in an environment of change
- Ability to learn quickly on the job through mentoring and action
- Self-motivated and resourceful with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently manage workflow to see projects through from start to completion
- Strong programming, image processing, and signal processing skills are critical requirements
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.