Invicro is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our growing Software/IT team in Boston, MA. This position will be responsible for Invicro’s internal (in-house demand) and external (customer/cloud) Linux server infrastructure and web application deployments. The primary role of the DevOps team is to maintain and help scale our iPACS application servers, network infrastructure, and data management solutions. The iPACS is a web-based platform used by researchers worldwide in the fight against diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s, providing tools for data mining and reporting on large amounts of medical imaging data.
This exciting role provides qualified candidates the opportunity to explore new concepts for application provisioning (Virtual Machines, containers, …), large data storage (Amazon’s S3, object-level storage, distributed filesystems) as well as databases (object relational or document-oriented). The ideal candidate would bring the necessary experience to streamline current deployment strategies, while also driving the adoption of industry best practices to keep our servers secure, scalable, and efficient.
- Maintain our on-prem Linux servers (we mainly use RHEL/CentOS) as well as Cloud infrastructure (mainly AWS)
- Work on efficient deployment of our web application iPACS, configuration and change control management, working closely with the development
- Oversee installation and operation qualifications of applications
- Implement new large-level storage strategies
- Automate installation, upgrade and
- Monitor performance of applications, server and infrastructure
- Streamline interactions between our software developers and IT team members
- Reduce lead time and enhance quality of assigned applications
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar qualification with at least 2 years of work experience as a DevOps or Linux Systems Engineer
- Solid understanding of Linux (we mainly use RHEL/CentOS), including file systems, networking/routing, backup, web and database
- Proficiency in a script language (e.g. Perl (preferred), Python, Ruby, Shell …) is beneficial
- Knowledge of configuration management solutions, such as chef and puppet helps
- Detail-oriented and ability to work both independently and as part of a team; being a problem solver with a strong customer focus
- Understanding of web applications and their technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, Ajax)
- Some basic knowledge in relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres) required
- Experience with NAS/SAN and/or cloud storage setups, distributed filesystems and off-site backup solutions
- Experience in managing a small technical team would be a benefit
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.