Invicro is currently seeking a talented Software Engineer with strong C++ skills to extend our Qt-based image visualization and analysis application, VivoQuant, and deploy machine learning tools for data consolidation, classification, and regression in novel research applications. VivoQuant is used by imaging scientists all over the world, including over 100 researchers across Invicro itself, to expand our knowledge of biological systems and tackle major diseases like Cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Our user base of scientists demands an easy to use, highly technical, and robust product for their research. It is thus the responsibility of the VivoQuant development team to maintain high standards of code health, user interface design, and cutting-edge algorithms for visualization, image processing, and statistical inference.
Overview and Responsibilities:
Our software tools are based on C++/Qt and Python with native deployment on all major operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux). Under the hood, we rely heavily on open source libraries such as Insight Toolkit (ITK), Visualization Toolkit (VTK), OpenGL, pandas, and SQLAlchemy. As part of a team of highly motivated and skilled developers, the Software Engineer would have the opportunity to contribute to all parts our code base, including but not limited to: user interface, core image processing algorithms, 3-dimensional rendering, mathematical modeling, network programming, data wrangling, and statistical analysis.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar qualification
- Strong coding skills (object oriented design, generic programming, design patterns, model/view/controller)
- Strong experience with C++ and Python development
- Experience with pandas, SQLAlchemy, Qt, ITK, VTK, and/or OpenGL is preferred
- Test driven development and continuous integration, experience with C++ Unit Testing preferred
- Strong Mathematical background (Linear Algebra, Statistics)
- Background in Medical Imaging, Machine Learning, Graphics, Signal Processing or a related field
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.